Uncle Sam Tag
Uses Recycled Items:
Get exclusive offers about this product and more!
- Woodsies™: Jumbo craft stick (1), star assortment (1 package)
- DecoArt® Americana™ Acrylic Paint: Snow White, True Red, Ultra Blue Deep, Flesh Tone
- Loew Cornell®: Kid's Brush Power Paintbrush Pack #105, Brush Tub II™
- Disposable plate, for paint palette
- Paper towels
- Container of water
- Lara's® Crafts wood tag
- Beacon® Kid's Choice Glue™
- Wiggle eyes, 1 pair
- Cosmetic blush, pink
- Felt square, white
- Narrow red ribbon, 1 yard
- Fine Motor
- Adults, cut 1-inch from each end of the jumbo craft stick. Paint the craft stick with Snow White and True Red stripes. Let dry.
- Paint the top one-third of the tag with Ultra Blue Deep and the rest of the tag with Snow White. Let dry. Paint a round face area with Flesh Tone. Let dry.
- Paint one medium star with Snow White and one small star with Ultra Blue Deep. Let dry. Glue the craft stick across the tag as shown for a hat brim. Glue the stars to the hat brim.
- Glue the wiggle eyes in place. Add cheeks with cosmetic blush. Dot nose and mouth with Snow White and True Red; let dry.
- Cut three ¼-inch wide strips of felt. Tie two strips together with the third strip to make a mustache. Glue the mustache to the face. Trim as needed. Tie the ribbon onto tag.
Pour each paint color onto the disposable plate before painting; be sure not to mix the colors. Wash paintbrushes with water and dry with paper towels before changing paint colors.
Adult supervision is required at all times. Kids should use scissors with adult supervision only.