Upcycle Kids Banjo
Don't forget to make other instruments like drums and guitars to complete your band!
- Recycled Round Box (or Paper Maché) Box, 7"
- Lara's Crafts® Wooden Stake
- Creatology™ Pom Poms, 1/4" - Pink (6)
- Creatology™ Pom Poms, 1/2" - Pink (6)
- Craft Smart™ Yarn - Brown and Red Variegated
- Creatology™ Stiffened Felt - Orange
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Acrylic Paint, Lime, Pink, Orange, White, Light Green and Tan
- Creatology™ Craft Sticks
- Creatology™ Craft Sticks, Jumbo
- Simplicity® Trim - Mini Pom Pom
- Craft Smart® Glue
- X-ACTO® Knife
Step 1 Remove lid from box.
Step 2 Carefully cut a slit in side of box for the wooded stake to fit through for handle.
Step 3 Paint handle orange with white stripes and dots for guitar handle. Use image as a guide.
Step 4 Paint box using our photo as your guide: stripes on the side, tan top with green trim. Let dry.
Step 5 Use end of paintbrush handle to make dots.
Step 6 Paint three craft sticks light green. Let dry.
Step 7 Insert stake into box side for handle.
Step 8 Glue painted craft sticks to end of handle as shown. Glue largest pom poms to ends.
Step 9 Cut orange end handle piece from stiffened felt, and glue to end of stake.
Step 10 Starting in center of box, glue six lengths of yarn for strings. Cover with painted jumbo stick cut to 3" and painted pink and white.
Step 11 At base of felt piece glue the six lengths of yarn to stake, covering with painted 1" craft stick painted pink.
Step 12 Bring strands up onto felt piece at different lengths, as shown, and end with pom poms.
Step 13 Cut six pieces of yarn one yard long, Braid, tie knot in each end and attach to back handle and center front of box as handle.