Upcycled Elegant Lampshade
- Simplicity® Chiffon Ruffle Trim – Black
- Simplicity® Silver Trim – Silver (2)
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Acrylic Paint – Wet Cement and Wedding Cake
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil
- Recollections™ Gems, Sticky-back
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Pouncers
- Recollections™ Adhesive Tape, ¼"
Paint lampshade with Martha Stewart Crafts™ Wet Cement paint. At least two coats will be needed for full coverage. Let dry in between coats.
Once paint has dried, use the Martha Stewart Crafts™ stencil Wedding Cake paint to create the design in the center of the lampshade, using pouncers to apply the paint evenly. Let dry.
Embellish design with sticky-back gems.
Line the top and bottom of the lampshade with ¼" adhesive tape and attach the silver Simplicity® trim. Press the trim onto the strip of tape.
Line the bottom of the inside of the lampshade with ¼" adhesive tape and add the Simplicity® black Chiffon Ruffle trim. The trim should have a ribbon edge that will easily stick to the tape.