Valentine Scrapbook Page
Clear stamps from Inkadinkado®, pattern papers, and embellishments are used to create the tic-tac-toe theme on this Valentine scrapbook layout.
Designed by Heather Garl for Inkadinkado®
- Inkadinkado® Animal Hearts Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Gem Stone Alphabet Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Cartoon Alphabet Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Happy Days Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Love and Friendship Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Greetings Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Small & Medium Clear Stamping Blocks
- Chalk Ink, Pink
- StazOn® Solvent Ink, Timber Brown
- K&Company® Amy Butler Lotus Tea Box Specialty Paper Pad
- K&Company® Handmade Floral Fabric Art Embellishments
- Recollections White Cardstock
- Recollections Kraft Cardstock
- Bobbin Ribbon: Pink Grosgrain with Red Hearts (3/8-inch x 6-feet)
- Bobbin Ribbon: Pink Grosgrain with Hurple Hearts (3/8-inch x 6-feet)
- American Crafts Ribbon: White Grosgrain with Colorful Hearts (3/8-inch x 4-feet)
- American Crafts Ribbon: Brown with White Diamonds (3/8-inch x 4-feet)
- Celebrate It™ Ribbon: Pink Grosgrain with White Polka Dots (3/8-inch x 10-yards)
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Button Medium Double Embossed Punch
- EK Success® Circles Large Edger Punch
- EK Success 3D Dots – Adhesive Foam 1/8-inch Squares
- EK Success Coloriser® Heat Tool (for heat setting the chalk ink)
- Glue Pad
- Sewing Machine
- Pink Thread
- Pink String
- Brown Marker for Journaling
- Red Flocking
Use a pencil to lightly sketch a tic-tac-toe “board” on a 12-inch x 12-inch piece of Kraft cardstock. Use the pink thread and sewing machine to stitch the lines of the board. Note: Create seven 3-inch squares with stamping, pattern papers, and embellishments.
Glittered flower block: Cut square from pattern paper. Stamp phrase with timber brown ink.
Flocked heart block: Stamp swirl design with pink ink along right side of white square. Stamp heart design with glue and add flocking to image. Press flocking into the glue and allow it to dry. Tap off extra flocking. Stamp phrase with timber brown ink.
Title block: Trim square to 2-inches x 3-inches. Stamp year with pink ink. Stamp “Happy” and “Valentine’s” with timber brown ink. Tint edges with pink ink. Cut five small strips of ribbon and adhere to back of cardstock.
X’s and O’s block: Stamp “X” and “O” in a pattern with pink ink on white cardstock. Stamp two of each letter on a separate piece of white cardstock with timber brown ink. Cut out the letters and glue to the pink background.
Bird block: Stamp “luv ya” heart with pink ink and cover image with scrap paper. Stamp floral stem with timber brown ink under the heart. Stamp bird image with timber brown ink. Tie a small piece of pink ribbon in a knot and glue below the bird. Cut small cloud shapes from blue pattern paper and glue them to the block. Add a small strip of pattern paper along bottom.
Glittered mum block: Cut square from pattern paper. Layer and glue three fabric flowers together. Thread pink string through holes in button and tie in a bow on the front. Glue the button in the center of the fabric flowers, then glue the entire assembly to the bottom right corner of the block.
Journaling block: Stamp brackets with timber brown and pink ink. Add journaling. Distress edges of block and tint edges with brown ink.
Cut two strips from pattern paper and use the edger punch on each one. Cut two thinner strips from pattern paper. Layer strips and glue one set near the upper left corner of the page and one set in the lower right corner. Punch three buttons from pink pattern paper. Knot a piece of twine through one of the buttons. Arrange the buttons above the strips in the upper left corner. Glue two in place and attach the one with the twine using foam adhesive.
Add photograph to fill the last block. Stamp phrase above the photograph with timber brown ink.