Vintage Blue-Framed Mirror
Vintage accessories are such a hot trend in decorating, but sometimes they can be difficult to find or afford. Here’s an easy and inexpensive way to create the same look with a marvelous mirror that will match any custom décor!
Designed by Lori Bergmann
- Krylon Indoor-Outdoor, #51517 Peekaboo Blue and #51910 True Blue
- Krylon Looking Glass Mirror-Like Paint, #9033
- Krylon Easy-Tac Repositionable Adhesive, #7020
- "Lace Frame" Stencil by American Traditional Stencils
- Plain Picture Frame
- Soft Lint-Free Cloth or Paper Towels
- Rubbing Alcohol or Glass Cleaner
- Petroleum Jelly
- Medium Grit Sandpaper
Lightly sand frame and clean off any dust with a soft cloth.
Spray frame with True Blue paint; let dry.
Apply petroleum jelly to painted frame in random areas to create a “resist” layer.
Spray on Peekaboo Blue paint, and let dry.
Use cloth or paper towels to rub over painted frame until all the petroleum jelly resist is removed.
Remove glass from frame and clean with alcohol or glass cleaner.
Apply Repositionable Adhesive to back of stencil and press firmly to glass. Spray over stencil with Global Blue paint, then carefully remove stencil and let dry.
Following directions on can, spray Looking Glass paint directly over painted stencil design until desired mirror effect is reached.
After painted glass is completely dried, insert into frame with the painted side facing inside.