Vintaj® Forest Friends Necklace
Create a symmetrical design by simply matching your bead links across from each other on the strands.
Designed by Jess Italia Lincoln.
- Vintaj® Circle Altered Blank, 34mm – Natural Brass
- Vintaj® Perched Owl Altered Blank – Natural Brass
- Vintaj® Fairy Butterfly Altered Blanks – Natural Brass
- Sizzix® DecoEmboss Die (for Vintaj®) – Butterfly Swirls and Moonlit Night
- Sizzix® DecoEtch Die (for Vintaj®) – Fluttering Wings and Forest Foliage
- Sizzix® BIGkick Machine (Vintaj® Special Edition) Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block
- Bead Gallery® Oval, 12x16mm – Dyed Serpentine Jasper Amethyst
- Bead Gallery® Round, 10mm – Dyed Quartizite Lavender
- Halcraft® Bead Gallery® Faceted Glass, 10mm – Cloudy Amber
- Bead Gallery® Glass Round Bead Mix, 6mm – Sapphire/Amethyst
- Bead Landing™ Round Chain Oval Ring – Antique Gold (24")
- Bead Landing™ Eye Pins, 2"
- Bead Landing™ Jump Rings, 6mm
- Jewelry Essentials™ Head Pins 3"
- Jewelry Essentials™ Jump Rings, 4mm
- Industrial Chic™ Jump Ring Assortment
- Bead Landing™ 3-in-1 Tool
- Bead Landing™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Long Nose Hole Punch Pliers
Step 1 Once you have determined the design area, place the circle blank face down on the Forest Foliage die.
Step 2 Place the die between the clear plates on top of the solo shim and platform. Crank it through the machine one time.
Step 3 To highlight the raised areas of the blank, use the white side of a reliefing block. Polish with the light gray side.
Step 4 Repeat Steps 1-3 to etch a Fairy Butterfly blank with the Fluttering Wings die.
Step 5 Once you have determined the design area, place the Perched Owl blank face up on the Moonlit Night die. Repeat Steps 2–3 to complete process.
Step 6 Repeat Steps 1-3 to emboss a second Fairy Butterfly blank with the Butterfly Swirls die.
Step 7 Use hole punch pliers to make an additional hole opposite the pre-drilled hole in both Fairy Butterfly blanks to create connectors and in the Perched Owl blank to hang beads from.
Step 8 String a dyed serpentine jasper amethyst oval bead onto an eye pin. Hold the bead and cut the straight end approximately ¼" above the bead using the 3-in-1 Tool. Hold the bead securely on the eye pin and form a simple loop to create a bead link. Repeat for a total of four bead links. Repeat to create four bead links with the dyed quartzite lavender round beads. Repeat to create six bead links with the faceted cloudy amber glass beads.
Step 9 String a faceted cloudy amber glass bead onto a head pin. Hold the bead securely on the head pin and form a wrapped loop with the remaining wire to create a bead drop. Repeat for a total of five bead drops with the sapphire/amethyst mix glass round beads.
Step 10 Use chain nose pliers to separate brass chain into a 18" section. You will also need two of the large oval chain links to function as jump rings within your bead strands.
Step 11 Use chain nose pliers and a 4mm jump ring to attach the faceted cloudy amber glass bead drop and a sapphire/amethyst mix glass round bead drop to the bottom of the embossed Perched Owl blank. Layer the embossed Perched Owl blank over the etched circle blank and attach with a 4mm jump ring. Set pendant aside.
Step 12 Use chain nose pliers and a variety of jump ring sizes and oval chain links to connect all your bead links, embossed and etched Fairy Butterfly blanks together to create asymmetrical bead strands. Attach the remaining four sapphire/amethyst mix glass round bead drops from the strands.
Step 13 Attach the pendant to the bead strands with a large jump ring. Attach the 18" section of chain to the bead strands to complete your long necklace. No clasp is needed -- simply slip over your head.