Vintaj® Moonlit Night Necklace
For a simpler design, hang the copper toggle and pendant cluster from chain without the bead links, connectors and charm.
Designed by Jess Italia Lincoln.
- Vintaj® Songbird Altered Blank – Natural Brass
- Vintaj® Tiny Artisan Star Altered Blanks – Natural Brass
- Vintaj® Rectangle Altered Blanks, 22mm – Natural Brass
- Sizzix® DecoEmboss Die (Vintaj®) – Moonlit Night
- Sizzix® DecoEtch Die (Vintaj®) – Fluttering Wings
- Sizzix® BIGkick Machine (Vintaj® Special Edition)
- Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block
- Bead Landing™ Specialty Findings Toggle Closure – Copper
- Bead Landing™ Charms – Copper Tree
- Bead Gallery® Round Ceramic Beads -- Earth, 8mm
- Bead Gallery® Round Amazonite Simulated Stone-Glass, 10mm
- Bead Landing™ Chain, 18" (3)
- Jewelry Essentials™ Jump Rings, 4mm
- Industrial Chic™ Jump Ring Assortment
- Industrial Chic™ Chain – Copper (48")
- Industrial Chic™ Metal Fibers
- Bead Landing™ 3-in-1 Tool
- Bead Landing™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Long Nose Hole Punch Pliers
Step 1 Once you have determined the design area, place the rectangle blanks and tiny artisan star blanks face up on the Moonlit Night die.
Step 2 Place the die between the clear plates on top of the solo shim and platform. Crank it through the machine one time.
Step 3 To highlight the raised areas of the blank, use the white side of a reliefing block. Polish with the light gray side.
Step 4 Once you have determined the design area, place the songbird blank face down on the Fluttering Wings die. Repeat Steps 2–3 to complete process.
Step 5 Use hole punch pliers to make an additional hole opposite the pre-drilled hole in rectangle blanks to create connectors.
Step 6 String a round Amazonite Simulated Stone-Glass bead onto an eye pin. Hold the bead and cut the straight end approximately ¼ inch above the bead using the 3-in-1 tool. Hold the bead securely on the eye pin and form a simple loop to create a bead link. Repeat for a total of four bead links. Repeat Step 6 to create six bead links with the round ceramic Earth beads.
Step 7 String a round ceramic Earth bead onto an Industrial Chic™ metal fibers head pin. Hold the bead securely on the head pin and form a wrapped loop with the straight end of the wire. Repeat for a total of two bead drops.
Step 8 Use chain nose pliers to separate copper chain into small sections and individual links to function as jump rings to connect bead links. Connect bead links and embossed rectangle blanks with chain sections and large copper jump rings to create symmetrical bead strands. Attach strands to the Specialty Findings copper toggle closure.
Step 9 Cut 4" of small brass chain and loop it through the bottom of the copper toggle so one side hangs at approximately 1½" and the other side hangs at approximately 2½". Attach a 4mm jump ring through two links just below the copper toggle to connect and secure the chain strands. Use a 4mm jump ring to suspend the etched songbird blank from the bottom of the 1½" chain strand and attach the copper tree charm from the bottom of the 2½" chain strand.
Step 10 Use chain nose pliers to attach a 4mm jump ring to attach one of the embossed tiny artisan star blanks to a section of chain within the bead strand just above the copper toggle. Attach the second embossed tiny artisan star blank to the top of the suspended small brass chain strands at the bottom of the copper toggle. Attach the two bead drops from different sections of the small brass chain strands to complete your design.