Vintaj® Night Owl Bracelet
Create your own jewelry pendants and metal pieces Vintaj®.
Designed by Jess Italia Lincoln.
- Vintaj® Circle Altered Blank, 25mm – Natural Brass
- Vintaj® Tall Tag Altered Blanks – Natural Brass
- Sizzix® DecoEmboss Dies (Vintaj®) – Woodland Birds and Moonlit Night
- Sizzix® BIGkick Machine (Vintaj® Special Edition) Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block
- Bead Gallery® Glass Faceted Round Iris, 3mm – Sapphire
- Bead Landing™ Blue Pearl
- Bead Landing™ Closure, 12mm
- Bead Landing™ Jump Rings, 6mm
- Jewelry Essentials™ Head Pins, 3"
- Jewelry Essentials™ Jump Rings, 4mm
- Bead Landing™ 3-in-1 Tool
- Bead Landing™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Long Nose Hole Punch Pliers
Once you have determined the design area, place the circle blank face up on the Moonlit Night die, such as the Owl image. Keep in mind that the hole should be on the side of your design to create a connector, not at the top or bottom.
Place the die between the clear plates on top of the solo shim and platform. Crank it through the machine one time.
To highlight the raised areas of the blank, use the white side of a reliefing block. Polish with the light gray side.
Use hole punch pliers to make an additional hole opposite the pre-drilled hole on the side of your design.
Step 5 Repeat steps 1-4 to create tall tag connectors using the Woodland Birds die. Place tags on an angle to fit in silver area of the die.
String bead onto the straight end of head pin. Hold the bead and cut the straight end approximately ¼" above the bead, using the 3-in-1 tool. Hold the bead securely on the head pin and form a simple loop to create a bead drop. Repeat for a total of four bead drops.
Use your fingers to bend the two tall tag altered blanks to form the sides of your wristband. You can also use the handle of a hammer to form the pieces into cuffs.
Use chain nose pliers to attach circle blank and tall tags with 4mm jump rings. Add two small bead drops to one side of the circle between the blanks.
Use a 4mm jump ring to attach a closure to one of the tall tags. Attach a 4mm and 6mm jump ring to the opposite tall tag blank. Add two small drops to the 6mm jump ring, which will function as the end of our closure.