Vintaj® Walk in the Woods Bracelet
Create unique jewelry pieces that suit your style with Vintaj®.
Designed by Jess Italia Lincoln.
- Vintaj® Monarch Butterfly Altered Blank – Natural Brass
- Vintaj® Square Tag Altered Blank, 9mm – Natural Brass
- Sizzix® DecoEmboss Die (Vintaj®) – Woodland Birds
- Sizzix® BIGkick Machine (Vintaj® Special Edition)
- Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block
- Bead Gallery® Semi-Precious Stone Bead, 35mm – Dyed Howlite
- Bead Gallery® Dark Maple Flowers Carved Cinnabar, 18mm
- Bead Landing™ Leather Deerskin Lace – Brown
- Bead Landing™ Eye Pins, 2"
- Bead Landing™ Jump Rings, 6mm
- Jewelry Essentials™ Head Pins, 3"
- Jewelry Essentials™ Jump Rings, 4mm
- Industrial Chic™ Jump Ring Assortment
- Bead Landing™ 3-in-1 Tool
- Bead Landing™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Long Nose Hole Punch Pliers
Step 1 Once you have determined the design area, place the butterfly blank face up on the Woodland Birds die.
Step 2 Place the die between the clear plates on top of the solo shim and platform. Crank it through the machine one time.
Step 3 To highlight the raised areas of the blank, use the white side of a reliefing block. Polish with the light gray side.
Step 4 Use hole punch pliers to make an additional hole opposite the pre-drilled hole on the butterfly tail.
Step 5 Repeat Steps 1-3 to emboss a square tag altered blank.
Step 6 String a head pin through a hole in the center opening of the dyed Howlite semi-precious stone bead. Hold the bead securely on the head pin and form a wrapped loop with the straight end of the wire. Repeat on opposite side to create a large bead link, focal.
Step 7 String a dark maple flower carved cinnabar bead onto an eye pin. Hold the bead and cut the straight end approximately ¼" above the bead using the 3-in-1 tool. Hold the bead securely on the eye pin and form a simple loop to create a bead link. Repeat for a total of three bead links.
Step 8 Use your fingers to slightly bend the butterfly blank to form to the side of your wrist.
Step 9 Use chain nose pliers and 4mm jump rings to attach the following sequence of beads; flower bead link, dyed Howlite bead link, butterfly blank, flower bead link. Attach the last flower bead link using two 6mm jump rings interlocked. Repeat and attach spring ring clasp with two 6mm jump rings interlocked.
Step 10 Use a 4mm jump ring to attach a square tag blank to the large jump ring. Attach a 4mm and 6mm jump ring to the opposite tall tag blank. Add two small drops to the 6mm jump ring which will function as the end of our closure.
Step 11 Add a large jump ring to the last flower bead link beside the focal bead. Cut approximately 8" of brown leather lace. Double leather and loop through the jump ring. Leave approximately 1" and knot the remainder around the large jump ring that functions as the closure end with the square tag blank.