- Beadalon® WildFire™ Frost Beading Thread, .006" Diameter
- Beadalon® Eye Pins – Silver (22)
- Beadalon® Extension Chain – Silver
- Bead Gallery® Ceramic Rounds, 14mm – Amethyst (14)
- Bead Gallery® Semiprecious Rounds, 14mm – Bronzite (8)
- Bead Gallery® Metal Spacers, 6mm – Hematite (6)
- Cylindrical Seed Beads – Mixed Brown, Purple and Silver
- Beadalon® Round Nose Pliers
- Beadalon® Chain Nose Pliers
- Beadalon® Wire Cutters
- Beadalon® Beading Needle, #10
- Bead Stringing Glue
Step 1 See instructions below to make three netted beads.
Step 2 Pass an eye pin through a hematite spacer, netted bead, hematite spacer and make a basic loop; repeat for each netted bead.
Step 3 Pass an eye pin through each of the remaining 14mm beads and make a basic loop on each.
Step 4 Link these beads together for the center of the necklace: netted, ceramic, netted, ceramic, netted.
Step 5 Connect half of the beads in an alternating pattern on each side of the necklace.
Step 6 Attach a clasp to one end and an extension chain to the other end.
Making Netted Beads
Step 1 Cut an 18" length of WildFire™ and thread it onto a needle. Pass the needle through 10 seeds and tie a knot to make a beaded circle, leaving a 1" tail.
Step 2 Hold the beaded circle over one end of a 14mm ceramic bead and pass the needle through enough seeds to reach the other end (the sample uses 13).
Step 3 Holding the beaded thread in your fingers to mark your place, pass through 10 seeds. Pass the needle through the first seed to make a circle.
Step 4 Make another pass across the surface of the bead, adding 13 seeds. Continue "netting" the bead by skipping a bead on each end of the circle and adding passes across the surface of the bead.