Wax Canvas Collage
Explore your creative side by indulging in our exclusive stamp projects such as this beautiful bird stamp and wax canvas.
Designed by the Michaels Design Studio.
- Artist's Loft™ Back Stapled Canvas, 4"x4"
- Tissue Paper – White or Cream
- Ranger Archival Inks™ – Sepia and Black
- ArtMinds™ Beeswax – Natural
- Ranger Melting Pot
- Rubber Stamp, Large – Polka Dot
- Rubber Stamp – Bird Post, Paisley and Alphabet
- Plaid® Mod Podge® Podgeable Papers – Nature
- Embossing Heat Tool
Start with rubbing the sepia ink over the canvas to get a little color onto the canvas.
Put small chunks of beeswax into the melting pot and follow package directions to melt the wax.
Stamp Bird Post stamp using black ink onto tissue paper. Tear the image out of the tissue and set aside.
Stamp F-L-Y directly onto the canvas.
Brush a layer of melted beeswax over the canvas. Brush a layer of wax on the back of the stamped image. Lay image down onto the canvas and heat with the heat tool. The heat will melt the wax and fuse the tissue to the canvas.
Continue to add stamped tissue and paper images from the Podgeable Papers pad to the canvas as desired using the same technique as described above.