Wilton® Colorful Cupcake Critters
- Wilton® Silly-Critters! silicone baking cups
- Wilton® cookie sheet
- Wilton® tips: no. 2, 3, 6, 12
- Wilton® icing color: pink, royal blue, lemon yellow, black
- Wilton® disposable decorating bags
- Wilton® spatula
- Wilton® jumbo confetti sprinkle decorations
- Wilton® ready-to-use decorator icing
- Favorite cupcake recipe
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Black shoestring licorice
- Fine Motor
- Adults, bake and cool cupcakes in the Silly Critters silicone cups supported by the cookie sheet.
- Tint portions of the decorator icing with light pink, dark pink, blue and yellow. Ice the bodies smooth with the spatula.
- Use tip 6 to pipe dots in a darker shade of the same color of each cupcake (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 12 to pipe pull-out tails in a darker shade of the same color of each cupcake.
- Ice the flat side of the vanilla wafers smooth with a light shade of icing. Use tip 3 and white icing to pipe the whites of the eyes (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 2 and black icing to pipe the pupils and mouth (flatten whites of eyes with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe a tip 5 white tooth. Pipe a tip 6 dot nose in a dark shade of the same color of each cupcake. Use tip 12 and a light shade of icing to pipe a mound on cupcake for head base; position cookie head.
- For antennae: cut 1½-inch pieces of shoestring licorice. Attach jumbo confetti dots at one end with tip 3 dots of icing. Attach antennae to head with tip 3 dots of icing.
Adult supervision is required at all times. Close supervision is required when children are around an oven.