Wilton® Punch. Cut. Decorate! Curlicue Cake
- Wilton 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Wilton Lemon Yellow Icing Color*
- Wilton Golden Yellow Icing Color*
- Wilton Angled Spatula
- Wilton Rotary Cutter
- Wilton Water Brush
- Wilton Assorted Color Flame Candles
- Wilton Buttercream Icing Recipe (available at Michaels.com)
- Wilton White Sugar Sheets!
- Wilton Bright Pink Sugar Sheets!
- Wilton Sugar Sheets! Border Punch Set
- Wilton Sugar Sheets! Waves Border Cutting Insert
- Wilton Sugar Sheets! Punch Set
- Wilton Sugar Sheets! Swirl Cutting Insert
- Wilton Gum Paste Tweezers—Fine Head
Before working with each Sugar Sheets! color needed, remove plastic backing for portion to be used. Store unused portions in resealable package.
Bake and cool 2-layer round cake.
Ice smooth with spatula and yellow buttercream.
Using White Sugar Sheets! and Rotary Cutter, cut three 2 ½ in. high strips lengthwise across Sugar Sheet. Place strip in border punch fitted with wave cutting insert. Cut wave design from end to end of strip, following punch instructions. Repeat for next 2 strips.
Attach strips to bottom border using Water Brush and water.
Cut wave design in Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! following directions for white. Using Rotary Cutter, cut ½ in. wide strips; attach to white wave border with Water Brush.
Place swirl Cutting Insert in Punch Set. Position Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! in Punch Set and cut 30-36 swirls. Position on cake. Insert candles.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.