Wilton® Birthday Clowns Treat Pops
- Favorite Whoopie Pie Cake Recipe or Mix
- Wilton® Whoopie Pie Pan, Mini
- Wilton® Cooling Grid, 10"x16"
- Wilton® Buttercream Icing Mix
- Wilton® Icing Color – Rose, Leaf Green, Sky Blue, Orange and Copper
- Wilton® Treat Pops Containers
- Food-safe Scissors
- Wilton® Decorating Bags, 12"
- Wilton® Decorating Tips 2A
- Wilton® Candy Melts® Candy – Black
- Wilton® Parchment Triangles, 15"
- Wilton® Candy Eyeballs
- Cinnamon Dot Candy
- Shoestring Licorice – Red
- Plastic Ruler
- Wilton® Treat Pops Toppers – Birthday Hats
Step 1 Make mini whoopie pies. Prepare whoopie pie batter following recipe or mix directions. Bake and cool completely according to pan package directions.
Step 2 Assemble treat pops. Prepare Buttercream icing following package directions. Tint portions of Buttercream icing rose, green, blue, orange and copper. Push mini whoopie pie into bottom of treat pops container. Use tip 2A and your choice of icing color to pipe swirl from back edge following the curve of the container, then filling in the center. Repeat to add one more layer. Pipe a double layer of copper icing and finish with a mini whoopie pie on top.
Step 3 Create facial features. Melt black Candy Melts® candy according to package directions. For eyes, use a cut parchment bag and dots of melted black candy to attach candy eyeballs to outside of treat pops container. For nose, use a cut parchment bag and a dot of melted black candy to attach cinnamon candy. For mouth, use a cut parchment bag and melted black candy to pipe a smile.
Step 4 Create hair. Use scissors to cut 16 to 20 red shoestring licorice pieces, each 1" long. Insert into top of treat pop.
Step 5 Make hat. Assemble hats according to package directions. Position on top of treat pops container.