Wilton® Creepy Crawly Mummy Cake
- Favorite Brownie Recipe (or Mix)
- Wilton® Mummy Cake Pan – Mummy
- Wilton® Cooling Grid, 10"x16"
- Wilton® Cake Board, 13"x19"
- Wilton® Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Plastic Ruler
- Wilton® Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing – White (4.5 lb. Tub)
- Wilton® Icing Color – Black, Orange, Moss Green*, Lemon Yellow* and Brown
- Food-safe Scissors
- Wilton® Standard Couplers
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bags, 12"
- Wilton® Decorating Tips – 2A, 12, 5 and 4
- Wilton® Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant – White (1¼ oz.)
- Wilton® Roll & Cut Mat
- Wilton® Decorator Brush Set
- Wilton® Color Stamen Set
- Wilton® Colors Fine Tip FoodWriter® Edible Color Markers – Primary (Black)
- Wilton® Tapered Spatula, 9"
- *Combine Moss Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.
Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool cake according to pan packaging directions.
Place on a foil-wrapped cake board, cut to fit.
Use knife to cut a leaf-shaped hole in cake, 3/8" below neck, 4-3/8"x2" (at widest point) x1".
Tint a small portion of decorator icing black.
Use tip 2A, a cut disposable decorating bag and white icing to pipe eyes.
Use tip 12, a cut disposable decorating bag and black icing to pipe pupils.
Use tip 2A, a cut disposable decorating bag and black icing to pipe mouth. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 5, a cut disposable decorating bag and white icing to pipe bandages following pan lines. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 4, a cut disposable decorating bag and white icing to fill in spaces between bandages. Chocolate cake will be exposed in hole and sides of cake, as well as outline arms and band behind eyes. Set aside.
Roll out four balls of fondant: one at ¾" and three at each 1".
Tint fondant ¾" ball orange and 1" balls green, yellow and light brown.
For two spiders, roll 3/8" ball of green fondant. Shape ball into teardrop shape, ½" long for body. Roll ¼" ball of green fondant for head. Use damp brush to attach head to body. Use black edible color marker to draw stripes on spider's back. For legs, use black edible color marker to color stamens. Use scissors to cut stamens to ½". Insert stamens into spider body.
For three grub worms, roll yellow fondant into logs, 1¾" for bodies. Use spatula to indent worm segments, about ¼ apart. For heads, roll 1/8" ball of orange fondant. Use damp brush to attach heads to bodies. Use black edible color marker to add dots.
For six worms, roll green fondant into tapered log at ¾". Use spatula to mark segments at ¼" apart.
For 12 maggots, roll brown fondant into logs at 1/8"x1" to 1-3/8" long. Use spatula to mark segments, 1/8" apart.
Position bugs in various positions coming out of hole in cake.