Wilton® Quinceanera Tower Cake
- Wilton® Icing Recipes – Royal and Buttercream
- Wilton® Meringue Powder
- Wilton® Icing Color – Rose, Violet and Leaf Green
- Wilton® Decorating Nail Set
- Wilton® Pre-Cut Icing Flower Squares
- Wilton® Tips – 2A, 127 and 12
- Wilton® Cake Boards
- Wilton® Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant, 56 oz. – White
- Wilton® Baroque Designs Gum Paste & Fondant Mold
- Wilton® Classic Wonder Mold Pan
- Wilton® Cooling Grid
- Wilton® Angled Spatula, 13"
- Wilton® Fondant Roller, 20"
- Wilton® Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Wilton® Teen Doll Picks
- Wilton® Piping Gel
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bags
- Wilton® Round Pans – 10"x2", 12"x2", 14"x2" and 16"x2"
- Wilton® Cake Dividing Set
- Wilton® Towering Tiers Cake Stand
To print the Wilton® Royal Icing Recipe, click here.
To print the Wilton® Buttercream Icing Recipe, click here.
At least two days in advance, make flowers. Make 80 Tip 127 roses with Tip 2A bases on 2½" nail from set using royal icing in dark violet for first row of three petals, and lighter violet for second row of five petals and third row of seven petals. Let dry on boards.
At least one day in advance, make leaves. Tint 6 oz. fondant light green. Using mold, make 60 leaves, some curving left, some curving right. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted boards.
Bake and cool Wonder Mold cake. Tint 50 oz. fondant violet. Prepare cake for rolled fondant by lightly icing with butter cream. For pleats, shape eight tapered fondant logs, ¾"x6" long. Position 2½" apart on cake sides. Roll out violet fondant 1/8" thick; cover cake. Reserve remaining fondant.
Cut a 6"x1½" strip of violet fondant. Attach to doll pick for bodice with piping gel. Roll two balls 1" in diameter; attach to shoulders for puffed sleeves with piping gel. Indent with knife for pleat lines. Tint 1/8 oz. of violet fondant in a darker shade. Roll out 1/8" thick. Cut a ½"x5" strip for waistband. Attach with piping gel.
Bake and cool two-layer round cakes. Prepare cakes for towering tiers cake construction. Ice smooth with white butter cream.
Divide 10" cake in 8ths, 12" cake in 10ths, 14" and 16" cakes in 12ths. Using violet fondant and large pearl chain cavity in mold, make swags one at a time and immediately attach with icing at division marks. For 10" and 16" cakes, make upper swags with 11 pearls and lower swags with 11 pearls. For 12" and 14" cakes, make upper swags with ten pearls and lower swags with 16 pearls.
At reception, assemble cakes on stand. Pipe a Tip 12 mound of butter cream icing to attach roses to cake tops, angling slightly. Attach leaves. Mold bottom borders to fit using violet fondant and large pearl chain cavity in mold. Attach with butter cream icing.