Wilton® Sweet Greetings Cake
- Favorite Cupcake Recipe (or Mix)
- Wilton® Buttercream Icing Recipe
- Wilton® Icing Color – Royal Blue, Leaf Green, Red-Red, Lemon Yellow, Golden Yellow and Sky Blue
- Wilton® Round Pan, 8"x3"
- Wilton® Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Wilton® Cake Circle, 10"
- Wilton® Cooling Grid, 10"x16"
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bags, 12"
- Wilton® Angled Spatula, 13"
- Wilton® Icing Smoother
- Wilton® Letter/Number Press Set
- Wilton® Tips – 3, 5 and 8
Step 1 Make cake: Prepare batter by following recipe directions. Bake and cool according to pan package directions. Place on a foil-wrapped cake circle.
Step 2 Ice cake: Prepare Buttercream icing following recipe directions. Tint portions royal blue, green, red, yellow* and light sky blue. Use spatula and light blue icing to ice cake smooth.
Step 3 Decorate cake: Use letter designs to press message on top of cake according to package directions. Use letter “O” from press set to press rings on sides of cake. Use tip 3 and dark blue, green and red icing to pipe message on top of cake. Use tip 5 and tinted icing to pipe rings. Use tip 8 and light blue icing to pipe bead top and bottom borders.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.