Witch Treat Pot
Turn plain clay pots into an adorable Halloween treat holder in a few fun steps.
- DecoArt® Patio Paint: Sunshine Yellow, Cloud White, Wrought Iron Black, Citrus Green, Petunia Purple, Tiger Lily Orange
- 2½-inch Terra-Cotta Rose Pots (2 for legs)
- 8-inch Standard Terra-Cotta Pot (for body)
- 6-inch Styrofoam® Ball (for head)
- 3 7/8-inch Styrofoam® Cone (for hat)
- Crayola® Model Magic®: Red, Green (for nose, hands & nails)
- Black Foam Sheet (for hat brim)
- Green Foam Sheet (for feet)
- ½-inch wide Grosgrain Ribbon (for trim on hat)
- Wiggle Eyes
- Assorted Plastic Critters
- Paintbrushes: #8, #0 Liner
- Low Temperature Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Round Sponge Spouncer
- Foam Brush (1 per paint color)
- Paint Palette or Plastic Plate
- Container of Water
Use foam brush to apply base coats of Wrought Iron Black to large pot and Styrofoam® cone, Tiger Lily Orange to rose pots and Citrus Green to Styrofoam® ball.
Stripe rose pots with Petunia Purple.
Use #8 brush to paint rim edge of large pot Petunia Purple. Stripe with Tiger Lily Orange.
Pinch off green Model Magic® to form nose. Pinch off smaller pieces of green and roll to form fingers. Flatten a piece of green for each hand and attach fingers. Roll small pieces of red and press flat for fingernails.
Use spouncer and Tiger Lily Orange to stamp dots on black cone.
Cut an 11-inch circle from black foam. Cut a 3½-inch circle from center of 11-inch circle. Cut feet from green foam. Set aside.
Use liner brush and Tiger Lily Orange to paint “treats” on pot rim. Use brush handle to dot letters with Sunshine Yellow.
Position body on legs and secure with glue.
Position head and push down onto pot rim. Remove head, squeeze glue inside indentation, reposition head and press onto rim.
Adhere raffia hair. Position and adhere foam hat brim and cone hat.
Position and adhere nose, wiggle eyes, hands, fingernails and feet.
Use liner brush and black to paint mouth. Paint a white tooth and outline with black.
Adhere various critters on pot, witch and hat.
Tie ribbon around hat base.
Fill pot with treats as desired.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Allow all paint to dry between painting steps.