You Make Me Smile Card
Mom will be sure to smile with this cheerful card created with clear stamp sets from Inkadinkado®.
Designed by Heather Garl for Inkadinkado®
- Inkadinkado® Clear Stamp Set: Friendly Advice
- Inkadinkado® Clear Stamp Set: Doodle Alphabet
- Inkadinkado® Clear Stamping Blocks: Small, Medium
- ColorBox® Pigment Ink: Orange
- ColorBox® Queue Fluid Chalk Ink Set: Chocolates & Blueberries, Creamy Brown
- StazOn® Solvent Ink: Jet Black
- Recollections® Soda Pop Value Pack Cardstock: Orange, Bright Blue
- Grosgrain Ribbon (3/8-inches x 5-yards each),: Orange with White Dots, Yellow with White Edges
- EK Success® Coloriser® Heat Tool (for heat setting inks)
Finished Size: 8-inches x 4-inches.
Use bright blue cardstock to make a top-folding card.
Stamp the quotation with jet black ink near the lower right corner of the card.
Cut a 5½-inch circle from orange cardstock. Tint the edges with creamy brown ink. Position the circle in the lower left corner of the card. Trim the circle to match the left and bottom edges of the card. Stamp “mom” along the bottom edge with orange ink. Don’t glue the circle in place yet, but lightly trace the outline to use as a guide for arranging the ribbon “rays.”
Cut lengths of each ribbon and arrange them in alternating fashion around the circle outline and out to the edges of the card. Trim the ribbon as necessary around the stamped quotation. When you are satisfied with the arrangement of the ribbons, glue them in place. Trim the ribbon ends even with the card edges.
Glue the orange circle to the card.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Heat set the inks to prevent smearing and fading.