“At the Beach” Travel Journal
- K&Company™ Designer Paper Pad, 12"x12" – Tim Coffey Travel
- K&Company™ Layered Accents – Tim Coffey Travel Sea
- K&Company™ Words – Tim Coffey Travel
- K&Company™ Pillow Stickers – Tim Coffey Travel Fish
- K&Company™ Journal Pockets – Tim Coffey Travel Luggage
- K&Company™ Decorative Pins – Tim Coffey Travel
- K&Company™ Clearly Yours – Tim Coffey Travel Map
- EK Success® Heavy Duty Punch
- EK Success Cutterpede Straight Edge Trimmer
- EK Success® Cutter Bee® Scissors
- EK Success® HERMA® Dotto® Permanent Dot Adhesive
- EK Success® HERMA® Dotto® Repositionable Dot Adhesive
- Spiral Bound Journal
- Hemp Cord
- Computer Fonts – CAC Futura Casual
- Cardstock – Off-White and Turquoise
- Ink – Brown
- Pony Beads – Aqua, Peach and White
- Hole Punch - Notebook Size
Step 1 Cover front and back of journal with tan/brown swirl pattern paper from paper pad.
Step 2 Mat 3" band of turquoise pattern paper on thin mat of turquoise cardstock. Apply to cover as shown. Repeat for back of journal.
Step 3 Print title on inside “tag” portion of luggage tag using computer and repositionable adhesive. Adhere at an angle on band of journal cover.
Step 4 Adhere “seahorse”, “starfish”, and “You Can Find Me Seaside” stickers to cover as shown.
Step 5 Tie two strands of hemp cord to top loop of spiral binding.
Step 6 Adhere Tim Coffey “word” stickers back to back to the bottom on two of the hemp cords.
Step 7 Add beads to the bottom of all four of the hemp cords…including the ones with the stickers.
Step 8 Create personalized tabbed sections using additional pattern paper and embellishments as shown in photos. Use pencil to mark where holes should be punched. Cut into each hole with scissors and then gently push back over spiral binding.
Step 9 Using coordinating colors of cardstock, cut seven 2"x7½" strips. Score and turn under ½" on one end of strip and ¾ of an inch on opposite end. This is to provide extra stability for each of the strips. Trim off the two corners on the end where you turned under ¾ of an inch to form tag.
Step 10 On opposite end of each strip, turn under ½". Use pencil to mark where holes should be using a piece of paper from the journal. Punch holes. Snip from outside edge into each of the holes. Gently push each tag into spiral binding. Use adhesive on back side to keep tag in place. The tabbed end should extend beyond the edge of the journal.
Step 11 Adhere decorative paper to each tag divider that you created above.
Step 12 Punch small hole in tabbed end of each tag. Insert hemp cord and tie. Trim ends of cord. Add labels to tags to indicate Day 1, Day 2, etc. of your vacation.
Step 13 Use 3" strips of pattern paper to form pockets on back side on some of the tabbed dividers. Be sure to apply adhesive to three sides only so stop will be open. Store receipts, brochures, maps, etc. in these pockets.