Jingle & Jolly ArtMinds™ Crate Clock
Create this adorable clock from a couple of wooden crates. It even has a few shelves for small knick knacks!
Designed by Lauren Motley.
- ArtMinds™ Crate, Large (2)
- ArtMinds™ Round Clock, Small
- Birch Plywood, 12"x6"x½"
- Art Minds™ Clock Movement Kit with Pendulum
- ArtMinds™ Wood Plaque, 11½"x8¾"
- Craft Smart® Paint Pens – White
- Liquitex® Professional Spray Paint – Titanium White, Quinacridone Magenta, Cadmium Red Medium, Cerulean Blue Hue and Brilliant Yellow Green
- Liquitex® Acrylic Color Basics – Titanium White, Quinacridone Magenta, Cadmium Red Medium, Cerulean Blue Hue and Brilliant Yellow Green
- Art Minds™ Wooden Balls with Drill Hole (4)
- Art Minds™ Wooden Finial
- Elmer’s® Carpenter’s Wood Glue
- Wood Screws
- Finishing Nails
- Jigsaw (or Hand Saw)
Step 1 Spray paint all wood pieces appropriate color for a good even base coat.
Step 2 Take a saw and cut an opening in the birch plywood (12"x6"x½") to fit your clock mechanics.
Step 3 Screw both crates together.
Step 4 Screw in wooden balls with drill holes at the end of one of the crates for the feet of your clock.
Step 5 Assemble the rest of the clock using wood glue and finishing nails.
Step 6 Paint and use Craft Smart® white paint pen to create details.
Step 7 After paint dries, assemble the clock movement kit.