Día de los Muertos Skull Pumpkin by Americana®
- Americana® Acrylic Paints – Lamp (Ebony) Black, Indian Turquoise, Vivid Violet, Citron Green, Warm White, Tuscan Red and Saffron Yellow
- Glamour Dust® Glitter Paint – Gold Glitz, Sizzling Red, Limelight and Ice Crystal
- Foam Pumpkin, 6"
- Paintbrushes – ¾" Flat, #6 Flat and #3 Round
- Paper Towels
- Water Container
- Palette (or Plastic Plate)
- Low Heat Glue Gun
- Tracing and Transfer Paper
Step 1 With ¾" flat brush paint entire pumpkin Warm White.
Step 2 Trace and transfer design on front with pencil.
Step 3 Use #6 flat brush with Vivid Violet to fill in flower petals on eyes and design on chin.
Step 4 Use same brush and Saffron Yellow to fill centers of eyes and of flowers on sides of head.
Step 5 Paint flower petals on sides of head and nose Tuscan Red with #6 flat brush. Add small amount of Lamp Black as you go up nose and around edges of flower petals.
Step 6 Use #6 flat brush and Indian Turquoise to outline skull head, lines in eyes, and teeth. Add a little Warm White to blend teeth in middle.
Step 7 Use #3 round brush with Citron Green to outline spiderweb and swirls on cheeks.
Step 8 With #6 flat brush, go over Tuscan Red with Sizzling Red; Saffron Yellow with Gold Glitz; Citron Green with Limelight; and all other colors used with Ice Crystal.
Step 9 Use #3 round brush Lamp Black to add swirls by mouth and to outline eyes, flowers,spider web, nose, teeth, and outer skull.
Step 10 Add rhinestones to eyes with hot glue.