Easter Eggs, Sunny-Side Up!
What could be better than Easter egg cookies? How about Easter egg cookies with candy Easter eggs on top!
Courtesy of Wilton Brands Inc.
- Wilton® Candy Melts® Candy – Light Cocoa, Pink, Yellow and Lavender
- Wilton® Candy Color Set – Garden
- Wilton® Candy Making Kit MEGA PACK – Easter
- Wilton® Parchment Triangles
- Wilton® Roll-Out Cookie Dough Recipe
- Wilton® Rolling Pin
- Wilton® Grippy™ Cutter Set, 4-Pc. – Easter
- Wilton® Cookie Sheet
- Wilton® Cooling Grid
- Wilton® Ready-to-Use Rolled Fondant – White
- Wilton® Icing Colors – Rose and Lemon Yellow
- Wilton® Fondant Cutter/Embosser
- Wilton® Piping Gel
- Wilton® Brush Set
- Wilton® Colored Sugars – Light Green and Lavender
Print out the Wilton® Cookie Dough Recipe here.
Melt all Candy Melts® according to package directions.
Mix green candy color from set with melted yellow candy to achieve a leaf-green shade.
Add violet candy color to melted violet candy and pink candy color to melted pink candy to intensify colors.
Mold candy according to package directions using parchment bag with ¼" cut off end. Pipe in egg in desired shades; refrigerate until set between each candy layer.
Fill the remainder of egg with light cocoa candy and refrigerate until set. Unmold and set aside.
Prepare cookie dough recipe and roll out to 1/8" thickness. Use egg cutter from set to cut out cookies. Bake and cool.
Tint 1 oz. of fondant rose or 1 oz. fondant yellow for each cookie. Roll fondant 1/8" thick. With cutter/embosser and ruler, emboss lattice lines ½" apart. Cut each color with egg cutter from set.
Attach fondant egg to cookie egg with piping gel brushed over cookie.
Edge cookies with colored sugars attached to fondant with a line of piping gel.
Attach candy egg to cookie with melted candy.