Fly, Fly Butterfly Necklace
Bring your butterfly fantasy to life with this dreamy necklace, made from the Bead Landing™ Freestyle collection.
Designed by June Beach.
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Filigree – Butterflies (2)
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Charms – Bird (3) and Daisy Crystal Charms (5)
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Connector – Hot Air Balloon
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Pendant – Multi-color Flower
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Chain – Pink Flower Ribbon
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Chain – Multi-color Chain
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Bead Strand – Multi-color
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Beads – Flower Beads (2)
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Toggle – Crystal Toggle
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Rainbow Ribbon
- Bead Landing™ Freestyle Collection Head Pins – Crystal Flower (4)
- Bead Landing™ Chain – Silver
- Crystals, Small (8)
- Jump Rings (12)
- Eye Pins (2)
- Wire, 26ga – Silver
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Side Cutters
Using pliers, open jump ring and connect the ribbon chain to one side of the multicolor flower pendant. Close jump ring securely.
Attach the other side of the ribbon chain to the toggle bar with jump rings.
Attach the toggle with jump rings to the top of the hot air balloon connector. Close jump rings securely.
Weave the rainbow ribbon into the silver chain. Tie off ends and cut excess ribbon.
Open two large jump rings and connect the various chains so that they are woven through each other and create a layered effect for the necklace and connect to the bottom of the hot air balloon and the multicolor flower pendant. Close jump rings securely.
Use jump rings to connect the multicolor bead strand into the necklace. Close jump rings securely with pliers.
Cut wire to attach the butterflies to the chain. Place wire through the two small holes in the center of each butterfly, twist the wire and use pliers to create a swirl in the center of the butterfly. Cut excess chain if needed with side cutters. Repeat to attach each butterfly.
Open jump rings to attach the bird and daisy charms throughout the necklace. Close jump rings securely with pliers.
Use remaining rainbow ribbon and tie off small sections under the hot air balloon to cover the jump ring. Use scissors to help trim as needed.
Place the crystal beads onto the flower head pin. Using the round nose pliers make a simple loop, then connect the loop to the Love pendant. Use side cutters to cut off excess wire and close loop with pliers securely. Place throughout the necklace. Repeat until all head pins have been attached to the necklace.