Gallery Glass® Butterly Framed Art
- Gallery Glass® Liquid Leading™ – Black
- Gallery Glass® Leading Blanks
- Gallery Glass® Window Color™ – Sunny Yellow, Peach, Lime Green, Aqua, Amethyst, Orange Poppy, Blue Diamond and Snow White
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors – Steel Gray and Wicker White
- FolkArt® Crackle Medium
- Flat Brush, ¼"
- Lined Paper
- ArtMinds™ Ready to Finish Hanging Frame Trio
Step 1 Remove glass from frames. Clean with soap and water then dry.
Step 2 Place Leading Blank over lined paper. Applying directly from bottle, trace lines with Liquid Leading™ to create 16-20 lead lines. Place a glass piece over butterfly pattern and trace design. Set aside to dry overnight.
Step 3 Using flat brush, base coat frame Steel Gray and let dry.
Step 4 Apply coat of crackle medium to frame and let dry.
Step 5 Apply topcoat or Wicker White to frame to create crackle effect.
Step 6 Gently peel lead lines from Leading Blank and place on glass piece in grid pattern, trimming ends with scissors as needed. Repeat on remaining glass piece.
Step 7 Paint centers of grid pattern and butterfly design with Window Color™, filling one area at a time then combing back and forth with toothpick to smooth paint. Let dry until colors are translucent.
Step 8 Carefully place glass pieces into frame to complete project.