Martha Stewart Crafts™ Galvanized Flower Hanging Sign
Create this vintage-inspired hanging sign using Martha Stewart Crafts™ Satin paint. Use chalkboard paint for the bottom section so family members can write fun notes to each other!
Designed by Chris Williams, courtesy of the Plaid Creative Team.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Multi-Surface Acrylic Craft Paint, Satin – Camellia Pink and Marmalade
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Multi-Surface Acrylic Craft Paint, Glitter – Cherry Cola
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Chalkboard Paint – Black
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Typewriter Stencil Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Basic Brush Set
- Galvanized Flower Hanging Sign
- Sandpaper, Fine Grit
- Brush Basin (or Water Container)
- Paper Towels
- Foam Plate
Base coat flower with three coats of Camellia Pink, allowing project to dry thoroughly between coats.
Using foam pouncer, apply four light coats of Cherry Cola to flower center, allowing to dry thoroughly between coats.
Base coat wood sign with Black chalkboard paint. Let dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper. Reapply chalkboard paint until sign is thoroughly covered, allowing it to dry between coats.
Condition chalkboard paint when dry by rubbing entire surface with chalk. Wipe clean using a paper towel.
Stencil Marmalade “notes” centered on chalkboard sign using foam pouncer.