God Bless America Plaque by DecoArt®
- DecoArt® Acrylic Paint – Sand, Dark Chocolate, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Deep Burgundy, Hauser Medium Green, Light Buttermilk, Deep Midnight Blue and Camel
- DecoArt® Multi-Purpose Sealer
- DecoArt® DuraClear Varnish – Matte
- Walnut Hollow® French Corner Basswood Plaque, 11"x14"
- Paintbrushes – #12 Flat, 18/0 Liner, 2" Foam Roller, 1" Oval Wash, 0 Round and ¾" Flat
- Tack Cloth
- Sandpaper, 220 Grit
- Painter's Tape – Blue
- Triangular Cosmetic Sponge
- Paper Towels
- Palette Paper (or Paper Plate)
- Transfer Paper (Light and Dark)
- Tracing Paper
- Water Basin
Step 1 Use ¾ flat brush and Butter Cream to base-coat frame.
Step 2 Use pencil to trace and transfer design onto borders of frame.
Step 3 Use #2 round brush to paint acorns Metallic Bronze and acorn tops brown.
Step 4 Outline with same brush using Metallic Gold and add a highlight on the left side of each acorn.
Step 5 Add crosshatching lines on acorn top using Metallic Gold.
Step 6 Use #2 round brush to add Gold glitter to acorn tops and outlines.
Step 7 Use Ultra Fine Point Sharpie® pen to add swirls.
Step 8 Use Fine Point Sharpie® pen to outline contours of acorns and caps.