Halloween Candy Jar - Kelly Panacci
Decorate and display treats with this home-made candy holder. By using a few wooden pieces, a jar, and candlestick holder you can create a spooky sweet candy display. It will be ghoulish fun to craft!
Designed by Kara Ward courtesy of EK Success®.
- EK Success® Edger Punch - Scalloped Scallop and Dotted Scallop
- EK Success® Jolee's® Bling Gold Thick Borders
- EK Success® Circle Scissor Pro
- EK Success® 3-Inch Scallop Circle Nesting Punch
- EK Success 3D-Dots® Adhesive Foam Squares, 1/8" - White
- EK Success® EK Success Herma® Dotto® Adhesive Tape Runner - Permanent
- EK Success Zig® 2-Way Glue Pen
- EK Success® Honey Bee Craft Scissors
- EK Success® Cutterpede® Straight Edge Trimmer
- K&Company Specialty Paper Pad, 12" x 12" - Halloween
- K&Company Die-Cut Cardstock - Halloween Icon
- K&Company Rub-On with Embellishments - Halloween Spider
- Metal Candlestick
- Wooden Wheel
- Wooden Circle
- Wooden Knob
- Gorilla Glue®
- Hot Glue
- Acrylic Paint - Black
- Celebrate It® Ribbon - Orange
Begin by painting all wooden pieces black. Set the pieces aside to dry.
Cover the wooden circle base with purple pattern paper. Trace around the wood piece or use a circle cutter to cut the size you need. Use a scallop punch to create a white/black patterned paper border around the base of the circle.
Follow the directions on the Gorilla Glue® and glue the candlestick holder to the wooden circle base. Use the Gorilla Glue® to glue the painted wooden knob inside the painted wooded wheel.
For the lid of the jar, cut a circle of purple patterned paper by tracing the shape or using a circle cutter. Adhere it to the top of the jar using Gorilla Glue®. Add a border from black patterned paper around the outside edge of the jar. Attach gems around the edge of lid by cutting the thick gem border into strips. Punch a scallop circle for the lid and attach the wood wheel piece and knob with Gorilla Glue®.
Punch a border for the jar's base from striped patterned paper. Attach it with hot glue to the jar.
Glue the jar to the wooden circle base with Gorilla Glue®.
Embellish the wooden circle base with die-cuts and a dimensional spider sticker and a die-cut tag.
Add a ribbon to the knob at the top of the jar.