2000's Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® Brisbane Hat
- Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® (Art. #640) Yarn – Fisherman (1 Ball) or Color of Choice
- Lion Brand® Stitch Marker
- Lion Brand® Large-eyed Blunt Needle
- Circular Knitting Needle, Size 13 (9mm), 16" (40.5cm) long
1. Hat is worked from lower edge up to crown (top of Hat).
2. Hat is worked in the round with a circular needle.
Cast on 32 sts. Place marker for beg of rnd. Join by working the first st on left hand needle with the working yarn from the right hand needle and being careful not to twist sts.
Rnd 1: *K3, p1; rep from * to end of round.
Rnd 2: P1, *k1, p3; rep from * to last 3 sts, end k1, p2.
Rep Rnds 1 and 2 until piece measures about 8" (20.5cm) from beg.
Shape Crown (top of Hat)
Note: When working the next rnd, we found that the sts were so stretchy that they still fit around the circular needle. If this does not work for you, you may wish to change to double pointed needles.
Rnd 1: *K2tog,p2tog; rep from * to end of round – 16 sts at the end of this rnd.
Cut yarn, leaving along tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull to gather. Knot securely.
Weave in ends.
beg = begin(ning)
k = knit
k2tog = knit 2together
p = purl
p2tog = purl 2together
rep = repeat
rnd = round
st(s) = stitch(es)
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2013 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.