Martha Stewart Crafts™ Entertainment Trays
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Acrylic Craft Paint, Satin – Yellow Jacket, Couscous, Wedding Cake, Gray Wolf
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Utility Brush Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Alphabet Stencils – Monogram Serif
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil Brush Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil Tape
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Tintable Antique Effect Nesting Trays
- Brush Basin or Water Container
- Foam Plate
- Paper Towels
- Fine Grit Sandpaper
- White Candle or Paraffin
- Tracing Paper
Step 1 Lightly sand trays with fine grit sandpaper.
Step 2 Using a Martha Stewart Crafts™ utility brush, base coat trays with Couscous. Paint edges with Wedding Cake and let dry. Sand smooth and reapply base color if needed.
Step 3 When dry, rub paraffin or candle over areas you want to distress, such as tray edges and around the handles; wipe away wax shavings.
Step 4 Apply a coat of Yellow Jacket over Couscous areas. Let dry.
Step 5 Use fine grit sandpaper to sand over Yellow Jacket to expose the Couscous base coat. Wipe clean.
Step 6 Make a paper template of the long side of each tray; fold each template in half to find the center. Beginning in the center, trace each letter to create patterns for “Plates,” “Silver” and “Napkins.”
Step 7 Use paper templates to align each letter stencil. Tape stencil in place. Stencil with Gray Wolf and let dry.
Step 8 Mix equal amounts of Tintable Antique Effect and Gray Wolf on foam plate. Working one section at a time, use a utility brush to apply a coat of the tinted antiquing effect to trays.
Step 9 Immediately wipe away excess glaze from trays. Let dry.