Mixed Media Canvas Lady
Turn a plain canvas panel into a stunning work of art.
- Rectangle Canvas Panels, Mini – Black
- Scrapbook Paper – Style of Choice
- Rubber Stamp – “She Knows” Face
- Wood Disc, 1½"
- Industrial Chic™ Charms – “Toggle”
- Making Memories® Chain
- Making Memories® Vintage Groove™ III Combo – Metal Feather
- Artist’s Loft™ Acrylic Paint – Turquoise, Pthalo, Green, Burnt Umber and Crimson
- Sharpie® Marker, Fine Point – Black
- Gel Medium
- Chipboard Scrap
- Stamps, Small – Alpha
- Craft Stick, Small
- Recollections™ Dye Ink – Black
- Open Back Frame, 8"x10" (Optional)
Apply a little Turquoise and Pthalo Green paint to the brayer and roll onto the canvas.
Cut a heart to fit onto the canvas.
Tear some paper and add to the canvas.
Rub or brush Crimson over and around the heart and along the edges of the canvas.
Stamp LOVE onto the heart. Let dry.
Outline sketch around the heart with the Sharpie®.
Using gel medium, adhere paper to chipboard and trace and cut out wings. Distress by rubbing Burnt Umber and Turquoise paint over them.
Paint wood disc with a wash of Burnt Umber (add water to paint to create a wash).
Stamp face onto the disc.
Add color to the face with paint if desired.
Glue the craft stick to the back of the head and glue to the back of the canvas.
Glue wings onto the back of the canvas.
Punch two holes at the bottom of the canvas with Crop-a-dile™. Attach the bronze toggle into one hole. Using the other spare jump ring from the toggle package, cut a small piece of chain and attach the charm to it, then use the extra jump ring and attach it through the other hole.
Create a background on an 8"x10" canvas board.
Stamp “All You Need Is Love” on it.
Glue two wood discs to the back of the canvas lady, then glue her to the background.
Frame, if desired.