North Woods Gift Box
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paints – Sand, Dark Chocolate, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Plantation Pine, Honey Brown and Alizarin Crimson
- DecoArt® Americana® DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- Round Box with Lid, Small
- Paintbrushes – ¾" Flat, #6 Flat and 0 Liner
- Water Container
- Palette (or Plastic Plate)
- Paper Towels
- Tracing and Transfer Paper
- Cookie Cutter, Small – Bear (Optional)
Step 1 Remove lid from box and set aside. Use ¾" flat brush to paint inside and outside of box Alizarin Crimson. Give inside only second coat.
Step 2 Paint inside of lid and outside rim Plantation Pine. Repeat for second coat.
Step 3 Paint top of lid Honey Brown. Repeat for second coat.
Step 4 Using #6 flat brush, paint Plantation Pine border around top of Honey Brown lid.
Step 5 Use #0 liner brush to paint plaid onto outside of box: paint lines using Plantation Pine, then Honey Brown, followed by Sand, and finishing up with Dark Chocolate.
Step 6 Use bear cookie cutter to create pattern or print image from Internet. Use #6 flat brush and Lamp Black to paint bear.
Step 7 When everything is dry, give entire box, inside and out, and lid two coats of DuraClear matte varnish.