Home » Projects » Beads » Collections » Bead Gallery® » Cording
Bead Gallery Demo - Coral Wrapped BraceletItem# 32312
Create a simple bracelet with wrapping!
Designed by Molly Schaller.
1. Thread the needle onto the WildFire beading thread. Work the needle to the center of the piece of thread and fold the thread in half. Bring the ends of the thread together and make a knot.
2. Fold the piece of leather in half so that it forms a loop large enough for the button to fit through. Hold the beading thread so that the knot is at the point of the loop (the needle dangles down toward the tail ends of the leather).
3. Make an overhand knot in the leather. Double check that the button fits through the hole and adjust if necessary.
4. Use a the binder clip to attach the loop of the bracelet to something firm. (ex. the lip of an open drawer.)
5. Starting with the thread in the middle of the two strands of leather, wrap the thread over the right strand to the outside, then under the right, over the left to the outside, then under the left and over the right in a simple figure-8 stitch. Repeat 7 or 8 times, to secure the two pieces of leather.
6. After the previous pass under the left leather, string 1 4mm coral round. Hold this bead between the two strands of leather. Take the thread around the right strand of leather and then pass the string back through the same bead so that the needle emerges on the top of the left leather strand.
7. Bring the thread under the left strand, string another 4mm coral round. Hold the second bead between the two strands of leather. Take the thread around the right strand of leather and then pass the string back through the same bead so that the needle emerges on the top of the left leather strand.
8. Repeat step 7, using beads in the following order: 2 6mm coral rounds, 15 8mm coral rounds, 2 6mm coral rounds, and 2 4mm coral rounds.
9. Lash the ends of the leather together using the same figure-8 stitch. Tie a knot in the thread to hold it securely.
10. Slide a button's shank onto the leather and tie a knot.
11. Use jewelry cement to secure thread knots.
12. Trim excess thread and leather.
4mm Coral Rounds (4)
6mm Coral Rounds (4)
8mm Coral Rounds (15)
21 inches White Metallic Leather
12 feet White Beadalon Wildfire Beading Thread
Wide Eye Beading Needle
Beadalon Jewelry Cement