Home » Projects » Yarn & Needle Crafts » Baby
BonBons Embroidered Baby Blanket (Knit)Item# 33748This baby blanket is a sweet gift to give to a newborn.
1. Blanket is worked in one piece, back and forth in rows on a circular needle. A
circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of stitches.
2. B-A-B-Y is worked in duplicate stitch with a double strand of B, and following charts.
3. Flowers are embroidered following photo or as desired.
4. To ensure that embroidered strands are very securely fastened to Blanket, on wrong side of Blanket sew closely spaced whipstitch over each strand of embroidered yarn.
With A, cast on 111 stitches.
Working back and for thin rows on circular needle, knit 14 rows.
Row 1 (Right Side): Knit.
Row 2: Knit 8, purl 95, knit 8.
Rows 3-150: Repeat Rows 1 and 2.
Row 151: Knit.
Knit 14 rows.
1. All duplicate stitch and embroidery is worked with 2 strands of B.
2. Work duplicate stitch and embroidery with B colors as desired.
3. To prevent any of the embroidered strands from pulling loose from the Blanket, on wrong side of Blanket sew closely spaced whipstitch over each strand of embroidered yarn. We strongly recommend that you do not leave baby unattended with the embroidered Blanket.
With a double strand of B in desired color and following chart, duplicate stitch B-A-B-Y onto Blanket. Each letter is 15 stitches + 21 rows. Follow the placement chart and count the rows and stitches on your Blanket to determine the position of each letter, then follow the chart for that specific letter to duplicate stitch.
Following photo, or working freehand, with B in desired color, embroider flowers as follows:
1. With a double strand of B, embroider a cluster of French knots for flower center.
2. With a single or double strand of B, embroider flower petals with Lazy Daisy stitch around flower center.
3. If desired, work a second round of petals to create a larger flower.
4. With a single strand of a contrast color of B, embroider another Lazy Daisy petal inside each of the petals.
Weave in ends.
Lion Brand® Pound of Love® Yarn – Antique White (A; 1 Ball) or Color of Choice
Lion Brand® BonBons Yarn – Pastels (B; 1 Pack) or Color of Choice
Lion Brand® Large-eyed Blunt Needle
Circular Knitting Needle, Size 9 (5.5mm), 36" (91.5cm) long
SIZE: About 25 x 28" (63.5x 71cm) GAUGE: 17 1/2 stitches + 24rows = about 4" (10cm) over pattern. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to match the gauge, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.Craft Time: varies
Sewing Needle and Thread