Stampendous® Owl Background Card
By blending your Copic® Marker colors, you can create this eerie vintaged card with intense colors.
Created by Jennifer Dove for Stampendous®.
- Stampendous® Wood Stamp - Owl Background and Marble Texture Cube
- Stampendous™ Perfect Clear™ Stamp Set - Happy Messages
- Recollections™ Acrylic Stamp Handle
- Tsukineko® Memento™ Ink - Tuxedo Black
- Copic® Markers - Colors of Choice
- VersaMark® Watermark Ink by Tsukineko®
- Recollections™ Clear Embossing Powder - Clear Bark
- Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw and Forest Moss
- Recollections™ Embossing Heat Tool
- Cardstock - Orange, Black, Yellow and White
- Tsukineko® Sponge Dauber Applicators
- Beacon Adhesives™ Zip Dry™ Paper Glue
- Foam Dimensional Adhesive Squares
Step 1 Fold a 6"x12" panel of yellow cardstock in half to form card base.
Step 2 Stamp the open vein pattern from the Marble Texture cube on the bottom half of a 5½"x5½" square of orange cardstock in VersaMark® ink.
Step 3 Sprinkle Clear Bark embossing powder on the wet ink, then tap off excess powder and return to jar.
Step 4 Heat embossing powder with heat tool to melt and set powder.
Step 5 Adhere orange panel to a 5¾"x5¾" black panel of cardstock and then to center of card front.
Step 6 Stamp Owl Background image with black ink on white cardstock.
Step 7 Color Owl Image with Copic® markers as shown, blending carefully on hat and feathers.
Step 8 Use sponge daubers and Distress Ink pads to blend a scary background over the word area of the owl image.
Step 9 Trim owl image close to edges and distress edges with scissors.
Step 10 Adhere owl image to slightly larger panel of black cardstock and then to card front at an angle, as shown, using Zip Dry™ paper glue.
Step 11 Emboss Marble cube and Hello word from greeting set on yellow cardstock, as in Steps 2 through 4.
Step 12 Trim small banners from stamped yellow cardstock by hand with scissors.
Step 13 Mount banners on black cardstock scraps, aligning right edges and trim black a bit larger to provide layers, as shown in photo.
Step 14 Bend layered banners slightly and adhere to card front as shown, using dimensional foam adhesive squares.
Step 15 Adhere buttons to two banners with Zip Dry™ glue.