School Subject Bookmarks
- Craft Smart Acrylic Paint - white, bright red, light orange, bright yellow, grass green, ocean breeze, bright blue, grape taffy, grey, black.
- Seven jumbo craft sticks 6” x ¾” x 1/16”
- #8 flat brush
- #2 round brush
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Trace and transfer paper
Note: Allow to dry between painting steps.
Use #8 flat brush to paint one stick each: Bright Red, Light Orange, Bright Yellow, Grass Green, Ocean Breeze, Bright Blue, and Grape Taffy.
Use pencil to trace and transfer designs on sticks: art on Bright Yellow; music, Bright Blue; Spanish, Light Orange; math, Bright Red;science, Grape Taffy; history, Grass Green; and English, Ocean Breeze.
- Use #2 round brush to paint palette Light Orange with Bright Red, Bright Blue, and White dabs on it.
- Use same brush to paint brush Bright Blue; metal ferrule, Grey;bristles, Black; and Bright Red paint dripping off brush.
- Use#2 round brush and Bright Red to fill in “Art” and to add polka dots.
- Use #2 round brush and White to paint “Music” and polka dots.
- Use same brush and Black to paint music note and key signature and add music bar stripes to “Music”.
- Use#2 round brush and Grass Green to paint “Spanish,” polka dots,part of maracas, and part of sombrero.
- Use same brush and Bright Blue to paint sombrero and part of maracas.
- Use same brush and Bright Red to paint maracas and part of sombrero.
- Use same brush to paint Bright Yellow on sombrero and maracas.
- Add White details.
- Use#2 round brush and Bright Blue to paint calculator and ruler Light Orange.
- Use same brush and Black to fill in “Math”, polka dots, lines in ruler, and buttons and screen on calculator
- Use#2 round brush and Light Orange to paint “Science” and polka dots.
- Mix White and Bright Blue 1:1 to paint beaker. Outline in Black.
- Paint test tubes and tray Grey; make liquids Grass Green, Bright Yellow,and Ocean Breeze.
- Use#2 round brush and Bright Yellow to paint “History” and polka dots.
- Use same brush to paint books Bright Red, Light Orange, and White. Write1827 and outline in Black.
- Paint scroll Light Orange with Black writing and outline.
- Use#2 round brush and Grape Taffy to paint “English” and polka dots.
- Use same brush to paint feather White, with Grey tip, and Black quill.
- Paint book Bright Red, White, and Black.