Sculpey III Applique Flower Ring
- Sculpey® III 2 oz. bars: Turquoise, Sky Blue, Dusty Rose, Yellow, White, Leaf Green, String Bean, Red
- Flat Ring base
- Sculpey® Clay Tool Starter Set
- Sculpey® Flowers & Leaves Mold
- Sculpey® Gloss Glaze
- Sculpey® Etch N Pearl Tools
- Clear, fast drying glue
- Craft Knife
- Paint Brush
· Cut out a small square of parchment paper to set your flower on. It’s nice to have your piece on a little square that you can rotate will working.
· Take a 1/4 bar of Turquoise and roll the clay into a 1/2” thick x 3” L snake and then cut 5 equal sized pieces. Roll these into balls. Spritz your leaf and flower mold with a little water to prevent sticking. Press a ball of clay into the small rose petal mold. Repeat process until you have 5 petals made.
· Press these five petals together to make a flower. There will be a small hole in the center.
Using Leaf Green clay, roll it out into a very thin snake (approx 2.5” L x 1 mm thick). Cut 10 small strips approximately 1/4” long. Attach two little stems to each flower petal pressing them on from the center up. Try to get them to curve a bit.
Using String Bean clay, make a very thin, thin snake (approx. 1mm thick x 1” L). Cut 15 tiny equal sized pieces and roll these into ovals for the leaves. Using the needle tool press a crease into each leaf as you place it onto the stems. Attach 3 little leaves per flower petal. Place them in different locations on the stems.
Make a small flattened ball of Red clay (approx. 7/16”) for the center of your flower. Roll a very thin snake of white clay and cut out lots of little equal sized pieces. Roll these into tiny balls and attach to your Red flower center. Once the center of the flower is covered with white dots, press it into the center of your flower.
Time to add the little flowers. Make three small red balls (approx. 1/8”) and press these onto the tops of 3 flower stems. Surround each of these with 6 tiny Dusty Rose colored balls (approx. 1 mm) each. Use the end of the etch and pearl tool and press a dot in the Red centers.
Using White clay, make 9 small ovals. Using the needle tool add a crease line into each. Add these to 3 stems. Using Sky Blue, make 3 tiny balls (approx 1/16”) and add them to the center of the White Flowers. Using the etch n pearl tool, make 3 little dots in the center of each of these.
Using Red clay make 8 tiny balls (approx 1/16”). Using Yellow clay make 10 very tiny balls (approx 1/16”). Attach these to the remaining stems.
If desired add random tiny balls (approx 1/16”) to the background using the Dusty Rose, White and Sky Blue.
Bake according to directions above. Allow to cool. Apply glaze using a paintbrush, allow to dry completely.