Spring Napkin Rings by Craftsmart Paint™
- Craft Smart® Acrylic Paints – Light Yellow, Apple Tart, Grape Taffy, Pink, Pale Blue and White
- DecoArt® Americana® Sealers/Finishes – Triple Thick Gloss Glaze
- Wooden Round Beads, 1" (5)
- Paintbrushes – #12 Flat and #4 Round
- Vine-wrapped Wire – Naturally Wired
- Wire Cutters
- Water Container
- Palette (or Plastic Plate)
- Paper Towels
- Paint Pen – White
- Toothpicks (Several)
- Pony Beads – Pink (2), Green (2), Yellow (2), Purple (2) and Light Blue (2)
- Low Heat Glue Gun
Step 1 Paint each wooden bead with each Craft Smart® color except for white. Repeat with second coat.
Step 2 Use white paint pen to decorate some beads. Use toothpick to add tiny polka dots and handle end of #4 round brush dipped in paint for larger polka dots.
Step 3 Place cardboard tube on work surface, standing up. Put toothpick through bead’s hole and rest it on end of cardboard tube so that bead is suspended. Apply coat of Triple Thick Gloss Glaze. After it’s dry, repeat with second coat.
Step 4 Use wire cutters to cut vine-wrapped wire into five 4" lengths. Insert into hole of wooden bead and bend ends so that bead won’t fall off. Add dot of low-temp hot glue to ends and quickly twist end so that glue will hold down any frays.
Step 5 Place pony bead (match colored pony beads with colored wood beads) on work surface and add dot of hot glue into hole of pony bead.
Step 6 Poke end of vine-wrapped wire into pony bead. Repeat on other end of wire and for all napkin rings.
Step 7 Wrap napkin ring around napkin, bending vine-wrapped wire to fit napkin.