Stalactite Sky Necklace
Pale peach and pale blue glass "stalactites" made from rough-cut glass complement each other nicely in this eye-catching necklace. The project takes about an hour to complete.
Designed by Michelle Mach, courtesy of Bead Gallery®.
- Bead Gallery® Faceted Glass Coins, 14mm – Amber (2)
- Bead Gallery® Faceted Glass Coins, 18mm – Amber (4)
- Bead Gallery® Rough Glass Sticks, 8-11x28x38mm – Peach (9)
- Bead Gallery® Rough Glass Sticks, 8-11x30x32mm – Blue (4)
- Bead Gallery® Smooth Glass Sticks, 4-8x18-24mm – Blue (10)
- Bead Gallery® Decorative Metal Saucers, 6x4mm – Gold-plated (48)
- Jump Ring, 7mm – Brass
- Rectangular Lobster Clasp (with Attached Jump Ring, 5mm), 7x13mm – Brass
- Crimp Tubes, 2mm – Brass (2)
- Crimp Covers, 4mm – Brass (2)
- Beadalon® 49-strand Flexible Beading Wire, .018" (22")
- Wire Cutters
- Crimping Pliers
Step 1 Use the beading wire to string 1 crimp tube and the jump ring. Pass back through the crimp tube and crimp. Cover the tube with 1 crimp tube.
Step 2 String 22 brass rondelles, 1 amber 14mm coin, 2 amber 18mm coins, 1 rondelle, 3 smooth blue sticks (smallest to largest), 1 rondelle, 3 peach sticks, 2 rough blue sticks, 1 peach stick, 1 rough blue stick and 1 smooth blue stick.
Step 3 String 1 peach stick. Repeat Step 2, reversing the stringing sequence. Repeat Step 1, substituting the clasp for the jump ring.