Stars and Stripes Snack Jar
- DecoArt® Americana® Gloss Enamels – White, Sand, True Blue and Tuscan Red
- Glass Jar, Quart
- Chicken Feeder Base
- Paintbrushes – #12 Flat and #0 Liner
- Water Container
- Palette (or Plastic Plate)
- Paper Towels
- Stencil – Star (Optional)
- Cosmetic Sponge Wedges (Optional)
- Painter’s Tape, 1" and ¼"
Step 1 Wash jar in warm soapy water, rinse, and dry well before painting.
Step 2 Tape off three stripes on jar as desired.
Step 3 Use ¾" flat brush to paint top stripe True Blue; middle stripe, Sand; and bottom stripe, Tuscan Red. Repeat application, if needed.
Step 4 Run craft knife around tape edges and remove tape.
Step 5 Stencil or paint white stars around True Blue stripe.
Step 6 Use liner brush and white to paint lettering.
Step 7 Use brush handle end to dot under top stripe with True Blue and under middle stripe with Sand.
Step 8 Paint feeder base top True Blue.
Step 9 Allow jar to air dry or follow paint label instructions for baking.