Wilton® For a Big Celebration Cake
- Wilton® Icing Color – Violet, Rose, Lemon Yellow, Royal Blue and Leaf Green
- Wilton® Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (72 oz.) – White
- Wilton® Gum-Tex™
- Wilton® Colored Sugar – Yellow
- Wilton® Butter Cream Icing Recipe
- Wilton® Round Pans, 6"x2"
- Wilton® Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Wilton® Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bags
- Wilton® Rolling Pin
- Wilton® Decorator Brush Set
- Wilton® Lollipop Sticks, 6"
- Wilton® Round Cut-Outs™
- Wilton® Wooden Dowel Rods
- Wilton® Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Wilton® Cake Boards
To print out the Wilton® Butter Cream Icing Recipe, click here.
Two days in advance, make flame. Tint 3 oz. fondant yellow and add ½ teaspoon Gum-Tex™. Roll out 3/16" thick. Draw and cut out flame; let dry on cornstarch-dusted cake board 24 hours. Brush fondant flame lightly with water and add yellow sugar. Let set. Thin fondant with a small amount of water and attach lollipop stick to back. Let set 24 hours.
Bake five one-layer rounds and cool. Place on cake boards cut to fit and prepare for fondant covering. Divide fondant into 12oz. portions and tint rose, yellow, blue, green and violet with a little rose added. Cover cakes with fondant. Position one dowel rod through all five tiers. Roll out remaining tinted fondant 3/16" thick, set up cutter with zigzag wheel and 1/3" spacer. Cut 18" long strips and attach to cake tiers at seams with damp brush. Bottom border strip is cut in half horizontally.
Roll out white fondant 3/8" thick and cut smallest rounds. Attach to cake with damp brush. Insert flame into cake top.