Wood Grain Birds
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Decoupage Paper Cut-outs - Wood Grain Birds
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Decoupage Finish, Matte
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Decoupage Finish, Gloss
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Decoupage Brushes
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Acrylic Craft Paint, Satin - Pond & Vanilla Bean
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Stencil Tape
- Martha Stewart Crafts® Decoupage Brayer
- Scissors (or Craft Knife)
- Paper Towels
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Sandpaper, Fine Grit
- Wood Serving Tray
- Wood Chest of Drawers (Customer's Own)
- Glass Drinking Glasses (Customer's Own)
- Glass Carafe (Customer's Own)
Prepare wood serving tray by base coating the interior with Vanilla Bean and the rim with Pond. Allow to dry and sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply.
Paint the top surface of the wood chest of drawers Pond. Allow to dry, sand and re-apply.
Thoroughly wash all glassware in warm soapy water, rinse well and towel dry. Moisten paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe to remove excess dirt, grease or remaining soap residue.
Using stencil tape, apply a horizontal tape border around the lip line of the drinking glasses.
Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from carrier sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
Using a soft bristle decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of decoupage finish to the surface. (Project in image was made with matte on the wood surfaces and gloss on the glassware.)
Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the back side of the paper cut-out.
Apply the decoupage paper to the surface, positioning finish to finish. Press paper cut-out onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
Continue adding paper cut-out to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
Once in place and smooth, allow to dry for two hours.
When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface, being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry two hours.
Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry two hours.
NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
Project surfaces should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.